Nearly 160 Years of Catholic Education
Catholic education began in Vicksburg in 1860 when the Sisters of Mercy founded St. Francis Xavier Academy. St. Aloysius College was established by the Brothers of the Sacred Heart in 1879 and St. Mary's School by the Sisters of the Divine Word in 1906. Vicksburg Catholic School is a combination of these three schools, having merged gradually over the years until a final consolidation occurred in 1989. Our current elementary school is named St. Francis Xavier, our high school, St. Aloysius. However, we are one - in mission, structure, and heart - Vicksburg Catholic School. Our mission is to challenge the whole child: body, mind, and spirit.